Comprehensive impact assessment systems for NGO microenterprise development programs
- E. L. Hyman and K. Dearden (1998). World Development, 261-276
- Abstract: This paper reviews the monitoring and evaluation systems of four nongovernment organizations (NGOs) providing business development services to microenterprises in developing countries. It compares their approaches to data collection and analysis, uses, and types of impact indicators. While the diversity of microenterprise programs makes it difficult to specify a standard set of indicators, the paper provides examples of the questions that can be addressed and suggests ways in which such systems could be improved. 1998 Elsevier Science Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Theme: Policy/support programmes
- Keywords: Aid evaluation, Impact assessment, Indicators, Informal sector, Microenterprise, Monitoring, NGOs, business development, methodology, monitoring system, nongovernment organisation
- Reference type: Journal Article
- Geographic location: Global South