Crisis plan? What crisis plan! How microentrepreneurs manage in a crisis
- A. Budge, W. Irvine and R. Smith (2008). International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, 337-354
- Abstract: This inductive research study seeks to answer these research questions: (1) Do owners of successful microbusinesses react to crises unknowingly; or (2) Do they proactively manage crises? Using naturalistic observation and in-depth interviews of business owners running established businesses in rural Angus, UK, to establish their attitudes towards crisis planning and ongoing crises, this paper makes a contribution towards the literature of entrepreneurship by examining an underresearched aspect of entrepreneurial behaviour namely crisis management in microbusinesses. 2008, Inderscience Publishers.
- Theme: Perceptions and attitudes
- Keywords: Bucolic entrepreneurs, Crisis management script, Crisis plan, Micro businesses, Microentrepreneurs
- Reference type: Journal Article
- Geographic location: United Kingdom, Global North