Economic and social issues of women entrepreneurs in micro-enterpRISE
- D. S. Revathi and J. Krishnan (2013). International Journal of Economic Research (Serials Publications), 419-422
- Abstract: The concept of promoting women's economic and political empowerment has gained greater attention over the last three decades. Although there has been recent focus on developing women's entrepreneurship, much of the focus has been on growth-oriented women's businesses. Women's entrepreneurship in micro and small business that are often considered informal has not been able to reach the growth potential. Consequently, addressing gender-specific barriers to entrepreneurship and leveraging the full participation of both men and women in the development.
- Theme: Women/Gender
- Keywords: Entrepreneurs, Microenterprise, Social, Women
- Reference type: Journal Article
- Geographic location: International