Educational promotion strategies: Brokering culture between tourists and tourist destinations
- R. C. Paige (2009). Journal of Promotion Management, 286-301
- Abstract: This study examines the promotional marketing strategies for cultural products from micro-entrepreneurs that view themselves not only as business people, but also as stewards and 'brokers' of cultural traditions. The investigation set out to determine the educational strategies used in their promotional efforts in order to achieve a unique set of objectives: the achievement of financial goals while simultaneously preserving and maintaining their region's cultural heritage. Both qualitative and quantitative methods were employed in order to gain a more holistic understanding of the micro-entrepreneurs' promotion strategies through the use of consumer education practices and tools. Taylor & Francis Group, LLC.
- Theme: Behaviour / Strategy
- Keywords: Cultural heritage marketing, Marketing culture, Micro-entrepreneurship strategies, Promotion strategy, Tourism marketing
- Reference type: Journal Article
- Geographic location: United States, North America, Global North