Impact of Amanah Ikhtiar Malaysia’s microcredit schemes on microenterprise assets in Malaysia
- M. Abdullah- Al, S. A. Wahab and C. A. Malarvizhi (2010). International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, 144-154
- Abstract: This study employs a cross sectional design with stratified random sampling method to examine the effect of Amanah Ikhtiar Malaysia's (AIM) microcredit program on hardcore poor households' microenterprise assets in Peninsular Malaysia. So far no known study has been conducted to measure the effect of AIMs microcredit programs on microenterprise assets owned by hardcore poor households. It is evident that AIM's microcredit program increased microenterprise assets owned by hardcore poor households who received credit from AIM. This program should, therefore, focus on providing adequate training, flexible and diversified loan programs, and increasing outreach. The policy may also be reviewed and re-organized to reduce the dropout rate. EuroJournals Publishing, Inc. 2010.
- Theme: Finance
- Keywords: Hardcore poor, Microcredit, Microenterprise, Microenterprise assets
- Reference type: Journal Article
- Geographic location: Malaysia, Asia, Global South