Marketing in small business
- C. Clemenza de Araujo and R. Araujo (1996). Revista Venezolana de Gerencia, 297-312
- Abstract: The Present research has as an objective: to determine the marketing activities carried on by micro-enterprises people in the trading of their products and/or services. It is a descriptive research which considers as population subject of study a segment of the micro-enterprise sector which develops economical activities in the production an the services areas located in Maracaibo (Zulia State). Taking a population of 52 micro-enterprises people who were assisted by the Foundation of Support to the Popular Economy during the second semester of 1995, which justifies the Census that was made. As an instrument of data collecting, it was applied a survey in a type of semi-structured interview. The results obtained showed that marketing in the studied micro-enterprises is weak; these people very exceptionally research their market and plan their marketing strategies. They are limited to sell what they produce without taking a defined marketing action.
- Theme: Behaviour / Strategy
- Keywords: Marketing, Micro-enterprise, Trading, microenterprise, Venezuela
- Reference type: Journal Article
- Geographic location: Venezeula, South America, Global North