Microenterprise development program encourages entrepreneurship while supporting extension in Van Wert County, Ohio
- N. Bowen-Ellzey (2014). Journal of Extension (Extension Journal, Inc. )
- Abstract: Microenterprise development programs (MED's) have expanded in recent years as an economic development strategy in rural areas. The sluggish economy coupled with an acknowledgement that small businesses create many rural jobs are the main drivers behind this expansion. In the rural county of Van Wert, OH, the local Extension Community Economic Development office demonstrates how MED programs can also increase the relevancy of local services while generating funding to support Extension. by Extension Journal, Inc.
- Theme: Policy/support programmes
- Reference type: Journal Article
- Geographic location: United States, North America, Global North