Microfinance: Where are we and where are we going?
- M. Labie (2004). Mondes en Developpement, 9-23+117+120
- Abstract: Over the last few years, microfinance development and impact were often overestimated. Today, many are those who try to provide a more balanced overview stressing what has been learned and what remains to be done. This paper is trying to pay its tribute to this objective through four parts: lessons, debates, future developments and last but not least, valuation prospectives.
- Theme: Finance
- Keywords: Micro-enterprises, Microcredit, Microfinance, Microfinance Institutions (EMF), Microfinance Investment Funds, Microinsurance, Rating, Regulation and Supervision Corporate governance, economic development
- Reference type: Journal Article
- Geographic location: Global North