New technologies and old ways of working in the home of the self-employed teleworker
- S. Baines (2002). New Technology, Work and Employment, 89-101
- Abstract: Home-based micro-enterprises involving information and communications technologies are associated with the new, entrepreneurial economy of the twenty-first century. The research reported in this paper suggests that if such 'new' ways of working become more widespread the results may not only be harsh for many individuals and households but damaging overall for the quality of working life.
- Theme: Technology
- Keywords: employment, information technology, technological development, telecommuting, working conditions, United Kingdom
- Reference type: Journal Article
- Geographic location: United Kingdom, Europe, Global North