New Zealand entrepreneurs: Leading for excellence
- R. H. Samujh (2009). World Review of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development, 132-148
- Abstract: New Zealand (NZ) has been proclaimed as a leader in entrepreneurship by the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) assessment. This paper links GEM findings to results from a NZ-based survey of micro-business operators and identifies factors that explain why NZ is a leader in the Entrepreneurship rating. NZ entrepreneurs are largely opportunity seeking: they want to be their own boss and are interested in the growth. They are relatively well-educated and are supported by well developed business infrastructures and support agencies. However, what directly contributes to the high propensity to set-up new businesses is not clear. Copyright 2009, Inderscience Publishers.
- Keywords: Entrepreneur, Entrepreneurship, Excellence, Leadership, Micro-business, New Zealand, NZ, Small business, Support
- Reference type: Journal Article
- Geographic location: New Zealand, Oceania, Global North