Problems in the definition of micro-businesses
- T. E. Gonzles Alvarado (2005). Revista Venezolana de Gerencia, 408
- Abstract: The purpose of this paper is to study the economic implications that lead to a definition of micro-business. Herein are presented the principal problems presented in the definition derived from the term micro-, and also the terms small and middle-sized which are used to express business size. Some qualitative definitions proposed by various authors present indetermination in relation to what term can be applied to other business size criteria. The conclusion is that the term micro-business refers to companies that are small in relation to others, and their development is associated with factors that are not necessarily conditioned by their size.
- Theme: Microbusiness profiles
- Keywords: Classification of businesses, Definition, Micro-business, Small business, business, classification, conceptual framework, small scale industry
- Reference type: Journal Article
- Geographic location: International