The rhetoric and reality of SME-friendly procurement
- A. Flynn and P. Davis (2015). Public Money and Management (Routledge), 111-118
- Abstract: Small- and medium-sized enterprise-friendly policies are central to public procurement. The extent to which these policies have been put into practice has gone largely untested. To address this gap, a survey of SMEs reported experiences of policy implementation was conducted. Ireland served as the research context. Policy implementation was found to be limited. Company size was a significant predictor of SMEs experiences, with micro-enterprises more negative than small or medium-sized enterprises. The authors explain the policypractice divide and make recommendations for improvement. 2015 CIPFA.
- Theme: Policy/support programmes
- Keywords: Implementation, policy, procurement, SMEs, survey
- Reference type: Journal Article
- Geographic location: United Kingdom, Europe, Global North