The self-catering accommodation sector in Yorkshire, England
- R. Thomas and D. Hind (2007). International Journal of Hospitality Management, 328-335
- Abstract: Little baseline data exist concerning the outlook and business practices of those operating in the self-catering accommodation sector. Drawing on a survey of operators in Yorkshire, England, this paper finds a concentration of micro-enterprises that are unsophisticated in their approach to managing their business. The findings pose challenges to those agencies charged with enhancing the competitiveness of the sector. 2006 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Theme: Growth and performance
- Keywords: Business practices, Micro-enterprises, Self-catering
- Reference type: Journal Article
- Geographic location: United Kingdom, Europe, Global North