The survival and non survival of micro firms in the UK
- D. J. Storey and P. Wynarczyk (1996). Review of Industrial Organization, 211-229
- Abstract: This paper examines a combination of firm characteristics, characteristics of the owner and finance/strategy variables to explain the survival/non-survival of micro enterprises in the UK between 1985 and 1994. The theoretical underpinning of the paper derives from Frank who articulates the notion of entrepreneurial talent. The measures of 'talent' used in the paper do not adequately explain survival/non-survival. 1996 Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Theme: Growth and performance, Microbusiness profiles
- Keywords: Failure, Small firms, Survival, Talent, firm size, firm survival, smallscale industry, UK
- Reference type: Journal Article
- Geographic location: United Kingdom, Europe, Global North